Monday 3 June 2013

Mourinho: I will be Chelsea manager by the end of the week

Mourinho will be at Chelsea by Friday


The Portuguese's contract with Real Madrid came to an end after the final game of the Spanish season, and he wasted no time in flying to London to agree a deal at Stamford Bridge
Jose Mourinho expects to be appointed Chelsea manager by the end of the week after officially leaving Real Madrid.

The Portuguese boss endured a tumultuous final season at the Santiago Bernabeu, clashing with members of his squad and coaching staff and failing to deliver a trophy.

Mourinho spoke of his desire to go "where he is loved" after being eliminated from the Champions League by Borussia Dortmind, and having been in talks with Chelsea for several weeks, he now expects to put pen to paper in the coming days.

"I can't speak as Chelsea manager because I'm not," he told Punto Pelota in an interview recorded on Saturday and published on Monday.

"At the moment I'm not. On Monday I will go to London and I think that between Monday and the end of the week I will be Chelsea manager. But at the moment I'm not.

"Wait and see if I am Chelsea manager or not, but I would like to be because I have been happy there and I think the people love me.

"In life you have to look for that. Life is beautiful and short and you have to look for what is best for you."

Mourinho first took over Chelsea in 2004 after guiding Porto to the Champions League, and he won two Premier League titles, an FA Cup and two League Cups at Stamford Bridge before departing under a cloud in 2007.

from : www.goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment